Shel Belinkoff wrote:
        "The LX allows the use of a grip without
        having to attach a winder, unlike the MX or ME-S."

When I received my LX it had the Grip-B which I removed (along with the
strap) as an ungainly eye-sore.  Well, I didn't want to lose it so after
playing with the camera for a few days I put it back.  Let me just say that
I don't know how I'd use a camera without it!  It gives the camera a very
positive feel and when mounted on a tripod allows me to swing the camera
quickly on the ball-head.

Last weekend I was chasing insects with a home-made flash bracket and a
105mm macro lens for some life-sized closeups.  When mosquitoes started
attacking me with a vengeance I decided to photograph them on my left arm.
Without the Grip-B I would never have been able to hold the camera  rig
one-handed in order to compose the shots.  Needless to say I am NOT removing
the grip again!

Christian Skofteland