Robert Wetmore wrote:

<snip>

Very interesting and thoughtful views.

>I'll not buy a digital camera any time soon - I have no interest in simply
>the outward appearances of images.

I think the notion that film/chemical images are more than just "outward
appearances" of images in a way that digital images are not is, well...bizarre.

It's all just quantum mechanics when you get down to it, whether the photons
are striking the silicon in a CCD or the silver molecules in a film emulsion.
It's a kind of instinctive to believe that something that's easier to manipulate
and distort is *necessarily* less valid, but there's no sound basis for
the notion. I expect to get a digital camera within a year or so and my
images will be no more or less "outward appearances" than they are now.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com