On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Digital Image Studio wrote:
> On static subjects a combination of image combining (can secure
(1.21 jigawatts, etc, much deleted crunchy bits)
> to do manually but there are some really nice automation kits out
> there for serious work.

Yow, am I the only one who finds all the digital bits of New Photography
boring? I look for reasons to NOT do "work" at a computer, not seek them
out.

Sure, points and clicks can leave my LF gear "in the shade," but I'd much
rather be out in the shade, taking a photograph with a lovingly crafed
view camera than indoors waving a mouse. Hell, the reason I bought a DSLR
finally is so I could spend more time TAKING pictures and less time
wasting on things like darkrooms, scanning, futzing in PS, etc.

-shrug- I guess my priorities are all off. Maybe I shouldn't have given
this digital revolution a shot, hey, is there room by JCO for another
luddite? I want back in... ;)

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.