I love raptors, and eagles are my favorites.  Here's a link to a story
about the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory.  Might be more interesting and
educational than zoo pics.

I spent a fair amount of time amongst the eagles in Haines, Alaska, and out
along the Chilkat River, where there's a five mile or so stretch of the
Chilkat that never freezes over, providing the eagles with food even during
to coldest months.

When I was up there I stayed in Haines long enough to be able to recognize
individual eagles that came into town and hung around, observing the locals
and their rituals from fence posts and roof tops.  There was one guy, who
only had one leg, that seemed to be adopted by the town.  He would allow
people to get pretty close - except for the tourists that he didn't know
well enough.  After a while I was able to get within about ten or fifteen
feet of him.  He was a magnificent bird.

The mating ritual of the eagles is an amazing sight, Bruce.  I won't say
more about it here, but if you're interested you can do a search on what's
involved.

While your shot may suffer a bit from lack of DOF by the standards of some
purists, I like it quite a bit regardless.  The head and eyes are quite
sharp, and the somewhat OOF body and feathers, while in some ways weakening
the entire photo, strengthen the sharp part.

Did I mention that I like eagles ... if I can find the slides I'll scan a
few that I took with a ST 105/2.8 on a film camera.

Shel