You guys must be better than I at using plain matte screens.  The
best thing I've ever done with my -DS was *add* a split-prism focus
screen.  Probably about 1/10th as many missed focus shots since I've done
that.

        I agree that micproprism aids suck with lenses slower than 2.8 or
so.  With a fast 50 or similar, they're beautiful IMO.  To each their
own... that's why they're *replaceable*.

-Cory

> I've done this on every SLR camera I've owned since 1969. I hate
> microprism focus aids particularly, but split image rangefinders are
> also obnoxious.

> On Oct 18, 2006, at 4:47 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
>
> > I'm actually in the process of replacing all my split-prism screens
> > with
> > plain screens, where possible. I find split-prisms annoying as they're
> > never where you need them ...

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *