Humm.....   Does the term "neoluddite" come to mind. Yepper, it surely does.

You think things are going too fast? When I feel that way I think of my dad. When he
was born
automobiles (you could hardly call them cars) were a curiosity, the first airplane had
not yet
flown. Before he knew it the world turned from steam for mass transportation to jet
engines, men had
walked on the moon, he had a pc on his desk. And, we are worried about what media our
pics are
recorded on?

Look at it this way, as more and more people turn to digital photography the old film
cameras they
are trading in will get cheaper and cheaper (while film itself gets more and more
dear). Eventually,
those cameras may become useless relicts but that is going to take awhile.

No, one is twisting your are to go digital (though, how you are going to submit to the
pug without
digitizing your photos is beyond me). Film will not disappear completely for a long
long while. The
big  corporations will surely quit making it (they don't think a market of less than a
billion
dollars or so is worth catering to), but small entrepreneurs will fill the niche
markets, and with
the internet you will be able to find them and their products which has been the
problem in the
past. There is a company called "Film for Classics" that repackages film in old
formats so people
can use their old Kodak 116 Tourist cameras.

If you don't feel you have to be one of the first to jump into anything new, watching
the digital
camera de-jur market is great fun. I you have to have the newest, you are going to be
saying, "I
just paid a thousand bucks for this camera and now it's obsolete already", over and
over again.

Trying to hold back the future is futile!

--graywolf

--
Tom "Graywolf" Rittenhouse
Graywolf Photo, Charlotte, NC, USA