From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Savage
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:45 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: RE: The JCO survey

At 01:16 AM 20/10/2006, J. C. O'Connell wrote:
>I buy QUALITY glass and have over $15,000
>In photo gear.

I buy quality also. My measly $6000 lens kit acquired over over the last

4-5 years pales into insignificance to yours. What does the dollar value
of
our respective kit's have to do with anything?

>You are full of shit.

Pot, meet Kettle...

>If you think there are no very high quality PK K/M
>Lenses or shit new lenses you are sadly
>Mistaken. NEW does not always mean good and
>Old does not always mean bad. And secondly,
>I don't consider lenses from the 70's and
>80's "old". I have some much much older lenses for
>large format that are superb.

I have no doubt that your "old" lenses are quality performers. But if
you
want to join the digital age your either going to have to:

- Suck it up and learn to live with the current Pentax K & M lens
support
- Invest in some new Pentax glass
- Sell your $15000 of gear and buy Canon.

Because IMHO it's fools hope to think that the aperture simulator will
make
a return.

Dave