Nope.

It was almost identical to the Nikon D100, and the Canon EOS 10D offered
only a larger buffer over the D100 and *istD. The Canon D60 and D30 were
lower-end models, as was the Nikon D70 that shortly followed the *istD's
introduction. And at the time it was the best-specified camera in
production at Pentax (The MZ-S, which is the only recent body to be
better-specified than the *istD, ended production at approximately the
same time). The Canon Digital Rebel was introduced about that time as
well, and was far less camera than the *istD (In fact the original rebel
is arguably the lowest-end DSLR ever made, only the earlier Fuji S1 Pro
can give it a run (the Fuji is less capable, but far earlier technology)

-Adam