Hey Christian, don't start this one again - we had a long series on this just
recently!
However, I might just remind you that the English language originated in
England (not the Americas), and that part of it's vocabulary comes from the
French.  Therefore, French 'couleur' = English 'colour', and we don't really
see why we should change.  It was only the somewhat demented Mr. Webster who
decided, quite unilaterally, to alter the spelling of some words in his famous
dictionary, which was then adopted as standard American spelling.

On Friday, September 07, 2001 6:55 AM, Skofteland, Christian
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

> Hmmm, being new to digitizing my photos/slides, I'm not sure what you mean
> by colour (why can't every English speaking country spell it color?)
> management.  I use Gimp for editing and it is one of the best image
> manipulation packages out there.  Let me know how I can help.
>
> Christian Skofteland
>
> P.S. My wife is an aussie and spells everything wrong too!
> -

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia