Thanks Aaron.
I hope I'll have the chance to change my mind when the lens
arrives. I'll probably be able to do a head to head comparison
to see if I like one more than the other. The man at the shop
said he had to order another lens for the 67II he has in the
shop anyway, so I should have the opportunity to check
everything before I decide. The 65cm of minimum focusing
distance still make me prefer the 90mm, though.
I'd like to know how to calculate the max. magnification value
of the two so I could sleep better... :)

Gianfranco

Aaron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I was buying, both a happy 67 owner and a Pentax rep told
me that
> the 105 was superior wide open and the 90 was superior stopped
down.
> Since then, I've seen complaints that the 105 has horrible
diffraction
> problems at f22 and f32, where the 90 is quite a good
performer at these
> apertures.  I don't think that in three years I've shot a
single frame
> at f22 or f32, so I can't really comment on that.  I read
somewhere on
> the 'net that the 90's better performance stopped down was
because of
> the relative ages of the two lens designs (the 90 being
newer).

http://im.yahoo.com