Graywolf wrote:

 >I understand British build cars with Lucus starters had them up into the
50's <grin>.

Certainly my 1981 Land-Rover had a starting handle and I was pleased to have
it (Lucas, Prince of Darkness comments or not!) . Likewise, in my current
Defender, I'm delighted I can still have wind up windows, no central locking
and not have built in, or be able to specify out, a wide range of expensive
and quite unnecessary 'toys'.

This will be a problem for me next time around as manufacturers seem obliged
to fit loads of buttons and whizzy bits in everything from the basic model
up. The same applies to cameras. Most of it you don't need.

Malcolm