Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 22. oktober 2006 03:35
Til: pdml@pdml.net
Emne: Re: Your first camera

Sidebar - It's been interesting to me how many men on this list started
young
-- given a camera by their father, uncle, neighbor, some older male. Sort of
a male thing. Maybe even a male bonding thing.

I know in my family, my father gave a 35mm camera to my older brother and
not
me (got a new one, passed the old one along). Guys are supposed to techie or
something, right? Well, those assumptions were definitely prevalent back
then.
Later when I was going to take a trip to Tahiti in my thirties I got myself
Pentax P&S and that was my first real camera.

Anyway, I started wondering if that isn't one reason more men than women use
SLRs and DSLRs. (I think with P&Ss the gender percentages are probably about
the same.)

Guys were handed cameras young.

Idle speculation, but interesting. At least to me.

Marnie aka Doe :-)