From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Adam Maas
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:37 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Some observations on lens mount capability.

If the aperture is set to minimum, you get Programed AE. It follows the
program line. And you only get an extremely short delay to teh firing of

the shutter (Which is exactly the same delay you get with any camera
using pe-flash based TTL flash, like all P-TTL pentax bodies).

So yes, this is Programmed AE. It's just not as elegant as pentax's
solution.

-Adam

J. C. O'Connell wrote:
> I do not understand what you have posted.
> How can the camera set the aperture when
> Its turned by hand? If you just leave
> The fstop at minimum all the time you
> Are not really getting true program operation
> If the fstops are approximate, metering is stopped down, and you
> Don't get instant exposure when you fire
> The shutter LIKE PENTAX DOES. They may be
> Calling that programmed AE but its not
> The same as pentaxes programmed AE which is much better
> And without those degradations. We are talking
> About two different modes here with the same name
> Which is bad. Blame that on Chinon if they
> Call it the same as pentax's programmed mode.
> jco

Of