My prints from the R-200 have been too dark also (about a stop I had
been compensating by lightening the image before printing). Now, I just
did some experimenting, printing a series of a small image with
different settings. I get the closest match setting it to Let Photoshop
determine colors, color management on, and no black point compensation.
Don't know what options any other printer driver has though. I guess I
will have to save this info someplace where I can find it again when I
need it.

--graywolf