I might feel betrayed by Pentax if they had changed their mount, but the
only real improvements, (or changes for that matter, aside from removing
the aperture simulator, and re-introducing the power contacts),  in the
K mount with the introduction of DSLRs have been in in the digital
communications channel.  Nothing that that Pentax has done shows any
mount R&D.  The same jigs that were used on the earliest Kaf mount will
work with the present mount.  Electronics and software are much less
expensive to update than electromechanical hardware.  Based on this I do
not expect any major changes in Pentax's lens mount in the foreseeable
future.  I do expect that the aperture simulator will disappear from
645d and thus the use of the aperture ring on that line of cameras.  The
software for bother 645 and K mount cameras will be identical.

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein