On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:29:05 +0200, Kostas Kavoussanakis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, P. J. Alling wrote:
>
>> At about $1.25 to to the euro, that's not that amazing a price.  Once
>> you add in the taxes...

> The comparison is with France (cheapest stated so far) for us
> Europeans (830 vs 650+taxes Euro). But I think customs come into play
> when buying from Switzerland?

Right now, in principle: yes. However, duty on digital still image
camera's is 0%, so it's just VAT if you buy body only.
The Swiss have voted in favour of joining the Schengen treaty. So per
Oktober 2007 there won't be any customs between Switserland and the EU. If
that means you pay Swiss VAT instead of local, buying in Switserland will
be interesting...
--
Regards,  Lucas