Sounds like you're about as good with superglue as me.

As far as Asahi Photo are concerned, the rewind crank came loose on my LX,
and I sent it back to themfor a repair and service. The turnaround was
amazing. I posted the camera on a Thursday, and a cardboard box arrived back
home on the Monday.

Unfortunately, it didn't contain my LX, but someone elses camera. At this
point most people ask if it was a better camera, but as it was "only" an
ME-Super, I sent it back, and got my LX back a week later. Although they
promised to refund me the postage, I'm still waiting for that.

As far as the repair was concerned, they did a good job and the beast has
worked well since then. My only concern was that when I sent it to them, I
enclosed a cheque and told them to go ahead if the work cost less than
GBP100. Amazingly enough the bill came to GBP99 plus change. Perhaps I'm
just suspicious and cynical, but........

Peter