Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Auftrag von
Godfrey DiGiorgi
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 18:25
An: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Betreff: Re: PESO - The empty stool

On Oct 25, 2006, at 8:19 AM, Dario Bonazza wrote:

> http://www.dariobonazza.com/misc/misc16e.htm

Stepping away from the context of its capture, the scene has a number
of elements that work together to provide tensions and dynamism. The
geometry is striking, with the lines and light drawing one's eye to
the empty chair and its neighboring picture just as strongly to the
figure on the other chair with its picture. Questions arise: is the
person meditating? sad? A context arises from her posture with the
photos vs the empty chair with the other picture. The space and the
dynamic tension broods of isolation and loss, something of the
starkness of the setting makes the richness of what's in the pictures
more real, and perhaps more desireable.

Technically, I think some of the shadows go just a little darker than
I'd like but it's very close to perfect, at least on my screen. The
blue patterned web page surround with yellow watermark, orangey and
blue and red and green text information/links is distracting. Overall
three star rating for the photo, a minus on the presentation.

LOL ... I'm getting into the mood as I've been told I'm going to be a
judge on the Minox Historical Society photo contest again this year. ;-)

Great stuff!

Godfrey