On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Joseph Tainter wrote:
> Let's see...What are the possible conclusions?.......
> 1. > 2. > 3. > 4. .....
> Or there other possibilities?

Yes, maybe a few hundred other possibilities

> Take your pick. I don't know which is correct.

None would be correct.  The source of information is unreliable.  Any
conclusions (if) you can draw from the unreliable information would be
unreliable.  So you should NOT draw any conclusion at all.

Would you trust just anyone from "Pentax" telling you info?  Even someone
as high up as Ned may not have the full info from Pentax Japan.  So how
would you trust a support staff or someone who answered the phone/email?

> I have pursued this simply because something smells fishy to me about
> Pentax's explanation for the delay.

I sense your skepticism and distrust about this. And you will continue to
smell fishy as long as you have this distrust; and you will jump on any
info supporting your theory.

My advice is to take it easy and relax.  Product launch delay is very
common.  And a 3-4 weeks delay is almost nothing.  Compare this with PS3
which was announced a zillion years ago, and still the European launch is
delayed for over 5 months!   And how about Vista?  I can't even count how
many times that has been delayed.   And did Microsoft and Sony give us any
technical details as to how and why things were delayed?  It surely is
more complicated than one sentence can convey.

To be honest, I don't care.  A delay is a delay, for whatever reason.  As
long as Pentax can give us a great camera by December, I'd be happy.

A year from now, who would remember this 3 to 4 weeks delay?

--
--Lawrence [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.vex.net/~lawrence --
--Tungsten T3 Enhanced DIA Keyboard----Nokia Ringtone Convertor--