JCO, please don't act up again.  The list, and probably
Pentax, understands your position...

Here's pretty much what I will send to Pentax USA and
Pentax Japan:

Recently I conducted a survey on a popular mail list
related to Pentax camera products.  Two thirds of the
respondents, who represent a small percentage of the
total members on the list, responded.  It's worth
noting that two thirds of those who did respond think
it's worthwhile to use newer lenses and older lenses -
even those without an "A" setting - in the old fashioned
way.  Voters are listed by the names they use on that list.

--------------------------

On the offhand chance that Pentax peeks at this list,
I propose the following survey question:

Would you consider an aperture sensor permitting
(for K,M, and all other lenses with aperture rings)
CW metering, open aperture metering in manual and Av modes
a _highly_ desirable feature on a flagship "K1D" DLSR body?

Note the emphasis on the word "highly"

Your answer should be aye, don't care, or nay.

Aye: Total 33
=============
Adam Maas
Antti-Pekka Virjonen
Bob Sullivan
Bob W.
Boris Liberman
Brendan MacRae
Cory Papenfuss
Dario Bonazza
Frank Theriault
Gabriel Cain
George Sinos
Gonz
J. C. O'Connell
J. Munro
Jan van Wijk
Jens Bladt
Jim Apilado
Jim King
Kostas Kavoussanakis
Lon Williamson
Marnie aka Doe
Mike Wilson
P. J. Alling
Rob Studdert
Ryan Brooks
Scott Loveless
Shel Belinkoff
Stanley Halpin
Thibouille
Tim Osleby (via private email)
Tom C.
Vince MacBournie
William Robb

Don't Care: 5
=============
Dag T doesn't care, 1 M lens, no K lenses
Dave Savage doesn't care
John Francis:  No, not at $100 more
Paul Stenquist - originally "aye" vote, then waffled.
Perry Pellechia, maybe... depends on cost.

Nay: 6
======
Bill Owens - no, buisness decision
Godfrey DiGiorgi
Juan Buler
Lawrence Kwan
Lucas Rijinders - but wouldn't buy a flagship body.
Mark Roberts

Nonsensical responses: