I have a 16-45 and love it.  It sits on my camera most of the time and
is the lens I take if I am travelling light (only one lens).

I'm getting my K10D with the 18-55, but only because I want it for my
daughter and they wouldn't sell me the K100D with the Pentax 18-55 -
just the Sigma 18-50.  For AU$30 extra I left the Sigma in the shop.

It really depends on what you photograph and what other lenses you have.

  Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon