On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:20:26 -0000, Lon Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A flagship is a flagship,  and if there's a K1D in the future, it should
> be as
> complete as the LX was in its day.

Quite right.  As complete, not more.  I don't recall that the LX mounted
screw-thread lenses without an adaptor.  And I don't recall that the
adapter was able to stop down the lens when you pressed the shutter.

In other words, the LX provided only partial support for six year-old
lenses.  So why should the K1D provide full support for thirty two-year
old lenses (assuming it makes its debut in 2007).

John