On 11/1/06, frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Then there's always the possibility that a cyclist may be completely
> in the right, and that a car might be in the wrong and hit a cyclist.
> Since cars have a mass of some 20 times that of a bicycle and rider,
> physics tend to be on the side of the car in collisions.  I'll take
> whatever protection I can, especially if it's unobtrusive and
> inexpensive.

There's a saying in the motorcycle community:

"'I had the right of way' is a terrible epithet for your gravestone."

I still have the scars on my arm from a bicycle accident I had when I
was 14. The helmet saved my life in that accident by striking the
stone wall and shattering into a million pieces. I still wear the
helmet that I bought to replace that one.

-Mat