What a nitwit you are, Joe.  You will always take the most negative
interpretation.  Perhaps he thought that a sensible audience would
assume SSM would be faster as there would be no point in all that
complexity just to reduce noise.

John

-----

Mr. Tatamiya was asked a direct question, as follows: "Does this mean
faster AF speed?" Rather than claim that it will, he responded "I do not
believe Pentax¹s AF has been slow even on the current lenses. Mechanical
noise during AF might give impression of slow AF, but it is on par with
competitions using the benchmark test."

Let's see: I have been criticized here for posting reports that were not
certified by God as 100% accurate. Now I am criticized for not
speculating about what Mr. Tatamiya might have intended but left unsaid.

I may be a nitwit, John, but I have to say that I am not impressed with
your facility in logic.

Joe