On 11/2/06, Lon Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yup, cheap rubbert hoods for those that didn't come with something.
> Unlike some others, I keep my hoods mounted.  And for the most part,
> my hoods work somewhat or nicely with caps.  I won't swap hoods to save
> space in a camera bag.  Those who differ with me probably have systems that
> work fine for them.

As an addition to this, I just received a Takamur 105/2.8 or 100/4
lens hood.  Metal, screw-in.  It's about 1.25", and it's beautiful.
It doesn't vingette on anything below 43mm (on film or digital).  The
only lens that I have below 43mm that uses a 49mm filter is a A28/2.8.
 The hood vignettes on a film body with that lens.

Now, to find a few more of these beauties. :)
Mike
--
Remember to Breathe -- MichaelHamilton.ca