On Nov 3, 2006, at 6:35 PM, Alan Chan wrote:

>> Does anyone use a pen for photoediting in the computer, please?
>> Is a a wortwhile investment?
>
> I use a 4x5" Graphire for Photoshop. It works great but the pen is
> a little
> fragile (mine cracked at the joint so I duct taped it). Not sure
> how much
> better Intuos will be with its double resolution.

I use the 4 X 5 Graphire with its cordless mouse as my regular mouse
for everything and switch to the pen for detail work in Photoshop.  I
have owned larger ones, but found they weren't that much better for
Photoshop and just used up too much "real estate" on my desk.  When I
decided to go back to the 4 X 5, I picked up a like new one on eBay
for $ 25.  There are usually a number of them for sale there at any
given time.

Bob