----------
>From: John Mustarde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: AF wonkiness (WAS: ENABLED!!!)
>Date: Sun, Sep 9, 2001, 9:03 AM
>
> Could the PZ1p be in servo mode (rather than single)
> when you see the focus jumping around?

Yes, I pretty much keep my z1p in servo mode when shooting football... I've
found so far that it's easier to keep in servo and then use the lens clutch
when I want to focus more precisely.

> I've noticed that Servo Mode becomes very sensitive in
> good light, often moving focus even though the subject
> seems to be motionless.

That's rather odd...

Well I just got back with prints... will be putting these online this
afternoon... but I noticed that ones that are out of focus the subject is
generally just slightly offcenter and pretty small in the frame, and the
background is in perfect focus. This usually happened while I was
photographing plays on the other side of the field. So I'm guessing that I
need to practice following the players a little more. :) I guess the AF was
picking up the background behind these really small players.

Thanks...

Nick