There is a new Epson 17" around the corner (should be available
shortly), the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 with 80ml ink cartridges and
with a lot cheaper price tag (around $1200) compared to the 4800.

It has 9 ink slots so you can have both the photo black and the
matte black in at the same time (which is a problem with the 4800).
Full set of inks (UltraChrome K3) will cost around $450-500 (so the
inks will be slightly more expensive per printed area than the
220ml 4800). No roll paper support/cutter though.

Antti-Pekka

Antti-Pekka Virjonen

Computec Oy
R&D Turku