Just picked up the M8.  First impressions (pictures will have to wait
until tomorrow):

- Really solid.

- Very nice user interface (mechanical and software)... especially the
menus.  Super easy to navigate and work with; everything is very obvious.

- Lowest ISO is 160 (1/8000th top shutter speed)

- Highest ISO is 2500.

- It's built very, very well- but you can tell that the soul has
changed.  When you take the bottom off, it's a digi-cam- no doubt about it.

- Even the LCD has a very high quality anti-reflective coating- looks
like the front of a multicoated lens

Things to get used to:

- Shutter button feels weird to me.  It's just different from the M7...
there are three steps now.

- The top of the camera looks empty without the cocking lever.

- The Self-timer/C/S/OFF selection switch is too easy to turn IMHO.  And
they should have put single shot all the way on one end instead of the
middle of the stroke.  (if you just slide it all the way on w/o looking,
you get self-timer... you should get single shot IMHO).

- With the 1.33x crop, the framelines are different and my brain doesn't
recognize them.  Maybe this is because I'm used to the .8x finder.

- Seems slightly fatter and heavier than the M7.

- Motor whirring sound after the shot.

-Ryan