I've had the same happen to me once in a while. The battery indicator
shows half or even empty. Then all of a sudden it's okay again. This
usually happens when I switch on with batteries that have been in the
camera a while. I now take this as a sign that fresh ones will be needed
soon. But even if they are not changed the indicator can sometimes show
full again for many more shots -- then half and even full again.
Changing them fixes the problem at once. Freshly charged cells never do
this -- or have not done so up to now anyway. I came to the conclusion
that Nickel Metal Hydride cells behave erratically.

Don

John Francis wrote:
> How about the grip?  Does that have a set of batteries in it?
> I've found that I usually see this problem if I've got batteries
> loaded in both the grip and the camera, and one of the sets is
> less than fully charged.  Taking out one of the sets of batteries
> makes the problem go away.
>

> On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 10:45:46AM -0500, David J Brooks wrote:
>
>> Thats what i thought Paul.
>>
>> I have brand new Energizer liths in there now.
>>
>> Maybe, 50 shots on them.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Quoting Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>

>>> It happens when the batteries are almost dead or if you have uneven
>>> cells. Put four new AA lithiums in it, and it should work fine.
>>> Paul

>>> --
>>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>>> PDML@pdml.net
>>>

>> Equine Photography in York Region
>>
>> --
>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>> PDML@pdml.net

Dr E D F Williams
www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams/
41660 TOIVAKKA – Finland - +358400706616