> From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/11/11 Sat PM 06:03:45 GMT
> To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: Batteries for Pentax (was Best SD card for K10D)
>
> So, what we want is a 7.4 volt battery (for the K10D) with the largest mah
> that works in the physical size and form that will fit the camera.  OK, I
> understand that.  Now, what happens if one uses a battery with greater or
> lesser voltage?  I'm sure there's a point at which the bats won't work
> properly, but is there room for some leeway, like using a 7.3 or 7.5 volt
> battery?  How much leeway might there be?
>
> Shel

Possibly quite a suprising amount.  Modern electronic devices need quite stable
voltages.  But batteries don't supply stable voltages throughout their life.
So the devices have built in systems to stabilise the voltage from the variable
voltage source.  I suspect you could get away with using batteries from 5 to
10volts.

But I wouldn't guarantee it.....  8-))))

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software