True - however, it's faster as well as smaller and lighter.  If one were to
consider that it's wider as well, an argument can be made that the lenses
are getting smaller.  I'm sure a 14/2.8 made in the days of the 15/3.5
would have been larger and heavier than the 15mm, or a 15mm/3.5 made today
might be both smaller and lighter than the earlier 15/3.5

Still, it would be nice to see both smaller and lighter lenses - and faster
lenses as well - and maybe even better quality lenses at lower prices, and
all in black, and better lens hoods, and better

Shel