Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Auftrag von
William Robb
Gesendet: Montag, 13. November 2006 14:49
An: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Betreff: Re: Best SD card for K10D

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist"
Subject: Re: Best SD card for K10D

The point and shoot folks I know are more than happy with digital.
Here in the states you can upload your picture files to Costco and
pick up your 4x6 prints at the store half an hour later. Or you can
take your SD or CF card to the drug store and have your prints made
in a couple of hours. Many people use digital the same way they used
film. It's just faster and easier, and for the most part, the results
are better. The sky hasn't fallen.

I'm not convinced about faster and easier for the P&S people, judging
from how I saw it working when I was processing pictures.
People would be standing for a half hour in front of a kiosk choosing
files with a line of people waiting for their shot at the machine.
I've only found a few uploaders that work
really well, most of the ones I have seen force one file at a time to be
chosen.
People are also pretty careless about how they store digital files, I
suspect a lot of pictures only exist as a print, the file long lost to a
computer crash, sctratched CD or just deleted after the print was made.

William Robb