Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>On Nov 23, 2006, at 7:46 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
>
>>> Have you ever tried to contact UPS about a problem?  They make it
>>> impossible.
>>
>> I thought that B&H's "second day air" option was FedEx. If I'd
>> realized
>> it was UPS (Unreliable Package System) I'd have paid more for a
>> different carrier.
>>
>> I'm sure the shipment button I clicked on said "UPS", but in the rush
>> of ordering my K10D I didn't notice... ;-)
>
>I've had about equal luck with UPS and FedEx delivery service in the
>past year or two. No real problems with either, other than missing
>them and having to run to the depot to pick things up. FedEx is more
>convenient for same-day-pickup at the depot, though. UPS offers lower
>shipping rates usually.

The functional difference I've experienced is that FedEx always (even
with their cheap ground service) knows enough to wait until after
working hours to deliver to a private residence, whereas UPS still
expects to find June Cleaver at home baking cookies during the day and
if she isn't you're out of luck.