Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:34:09 -0500
From: Stan Halpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: New to the Group (DC gathering)
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>

I'm ready! I'll even have my new K10D by then... guaranteed.

Stan

On Nov 22, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Scott Loveless wrote:

Welcome, Mike.  Good to have you.

Stan has pretty much covered the bases.  I wanted to add that there
are quite a few of us in the mid-Atlantic region.  We have PDMLers in
Philly, New Jersey, several in the DC/Baltimore area, quite a few in
NYC, at least one in western Maryland, Pittsburgh, I'm in Harrisburg,
PA, there are several in NC, and probably quite a few others I've
forgotten.  I just wish I could make it to more of the gatherings.  We
have our disagreements online, but I've never met anyone in person
with whom I wouldn't like to spend more time.  If you have the time
you should really consider the photography weekends at Grandfather
Mountain, NC.  I made it to the Camera Clinic in 2005 and the Nature
Photography Weekend last June.  Both were loads of fun.  Just don't
camp too close to Dave.

BTW, I'm actually, really, honest-to-God available on December 16th.
If anyone else is up for it (Stan?) I'll definitely make the trek to
DC.