So I've done some fooling around with my K10D.

I shot PEF's until the buffer was full.
It took about 8 in a row until the buffer needed to slow things down.
They were 12 to 13.5 meg each.

I shot DGN's until the buffer was full.
It took about 11 in a row until the buffer slowed things down.
They were 16 megs each.

I shot JPG's and I could never fill the buffer up - 25+ and no slowdown.
They were about 3 to 3.2 megs each.

So here's the puzzle.

I understand that the buffer and I/O system can write JPG's of 3 megs
as fast as I can take them.  No worrys until the memory card is full.

I understand that the buffer and I/O system is full and slows down
while trying to write 8 PEF's of 12-13.5 meg each.  That's 96-108 meg
and things get clogged up.

I don't understand what's happening with the DGN's.  They are 16 megs
each and I can write 11 or 176 megs before the buffer-I/O system
starts to bog down.  Does this mean the K10D is doing something
different with the DGN's?  How?

Regards,  Bob S.