In those situations, Shel, you turn SR off. It is of little value
anyway as it is primarily useful with short lenses usually used for
street photography at extended exposure times greater than 1/15 second.

I used a Konica Minolta A2 and Panasonic FZ10/LX1 this way rather a
lot, only turning on IS in low light for street shooting when you
have to work more slowly anyway.

Godfrey