In a message dated 12/3/2006 6:35:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Forgot to ask. Is the R1800 decent for B&W printing. I don't think
Canon has a great B&W reviews.

Dave
=========
Well, I did a big one on glossy paper that had a slight color cast. But then,
it is partly color. I may need to rework that one eventually. But the
Yosemite postcard on glossy came out with the top quite B&W, it is also partly
color.

I also did some straight B&Ws and they came out fine. In that case I could
choose B&W in the Epson driver, neutral gray. Did them on Matt paper and they
look simply great. (The Goodbye Kiddo series I showed a while back).

So I would say yes. Maybe not as good as an B&W dedicated, but if you work
with it, yes, yes, yes. I really love the B&W on Matt look -- totally cool.

Marnie