In a while, when the disaster gets a perspective through time; when
things get so "normalised" that OT political discussions are no longer
good behaviour on a Pentax list....
THEN time has come to critizice US foreign politics. (I have my
opinions too, but heck...)

NOW is the time for all democratic nations to consider what measures
can be taken to preserve our democracies against the fanatic forces
that try to screw us up.

Also, I would like to apologise to Daphne for being critical to her
reference to Israeli/Palestine conflict. She's living close to a
conflict which commonly includes acts of terrorism, and probably,
she's the one of us who see clearest what it's all about (any list
members from Northern Ireland?).

Daphne also had a very good phrase yesterday: "[to remove terrorists
surgically] is a helluva lot better than having our tanks enter
territories". I was so negative in response to her, but on second
thought the point is very good. Our image of the enemy is "faceless"
as Bush put it. It's just a shape in a crowd. But if we mashed the
crowd we would be no better than them. Surgery is the only option.

Question is how much (or little) meat must be removed around the tumor
to stop the cancer spreading...

Best,
Jostein