[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I firmly hope the perpetrators to be found and prosecuted,
 but at the same time I do fear that the situation may evolve
 into a spiral of violence and authoritarianism.   >>

Gianfranco,

I agree.  Think of the days before World War I and/or World War II.  We don't
need to revive the violence or authoritarianism.

But remember this... To do the same thing again and again, and expect
different results, is one definition of insanity.  We cannot try peaceful
pleading and diplomacy again and again, and expect different results.  This
is why people here call for revenge and retribution.  They are frustrated
with the results they are getting with other tactics.

I am concerned about where this will lead.

Regards,  Bob S.