Dave -

Epson's web site lists the dye based inks used by the R200-R300 series
as lasting 30 years on their Matte Paper Heavyweight.  They say the
pigment inks used in the R800/R1800 are good for 100+ years.  No listing
for the newer inksets used in the R2400.

While pricier than the R220, I have the R800 and couldn't be happier
with it.

-P