This attack won't work again.  The passengers and crews probably thought this
was a "normal hyjacking",  they would be forced to fly somewhere and the
negotiations
would begin.  The plane where the end was known crashed due to the
resistance of the
passengers.  The next attack _could_ be with a missile and even if it
isn't, it doesn't make
a missile defense the wrong thing to do.  It just means you have to do more.