David Savage wrote:
> On 12/7/06, Digital Image Studio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 07/12/06, David Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I'd prefer a 13-14+ MP 35mm "full frame" DSLR.
>> The standard reply generally is: 645 is the new full frame camera! ;-)
>
> Well I don't prescribe to that BS argument. How many here, in the past
> (or are currently) lugged around a Pentax 645 on their daily walk, to
> work etc for their day to day shooting?

Considering that a 1Ds is the size and weight of a 645 SLR (Not sure
exactly about the Pentax 645, but the Mamiya ZD is smaller apart from
the prism and about the same weight as a 1Ds), your argument doesn't
hold a lot of water on that front. Also there are potential technical
problems with a FF DSLR on K mount, the light path perpendicularity
issue for corner performance is impacted by K mount's smallish throat
size, 645 mount doesn't have that issue.

I carry my Mamiya M645 fairly often, but it's smaller and lighter than a
P645 (No motordrive).

>> But hey yeah, I'm with you, and chuck in an aperture feedback sensor
>> too, $3k would have me handing over the cash. No way I'll hand over
>> $10K+ for a 645D.
>
> Ditto.
>
> Dave

$3K would have me dumping my Mamiya kit and getting a 645D.

-Adam