In a message dated 12/8/2006 5:05:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Marnie,
I am using a new Compaq with the AMD 64 chip, 1 gig ram, and a 250 gig HD. I
use Elements 4 now but Elements 5 is wrapped under the tree :-)
The computer had XP Media Edition but I switched to XP Pro. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Stay away from Media Edition. Too much crap always running in the background
and it takes a computer guru to disable it readily.
Most of my friends who are into computer say the AMD technology is currently
on top of the heap. That all seems to swap around over time.

Walt
Thanks. I was wondering about Media Edition. I program and I need XP Pro for
that. Supposedly Media Edition is a subset of XP Pro, but I haven't been so
sure.

Marnie