On 12/12/06, DagT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you have three sensors, and they have, the difference between two sensors
> with the same orientation but positioned on opposite sides of the frame they
> will be able to measure rotation.  It is not very clear from the document,
> but at least it is possible and I know this has been mentioned other places
> as well.

It actually says:

"Based on a free-floating sensor design, PENTAX SR is superior to
other sensor-moving systems because it uses no guide rails, allowing
the sensor to oscillate in three directions—horizontally, vertically,
and rotationally."

But in this later document which includes references to the K10D:

http://www.pentaxslr.com/files/scms_docs//PENTAX_SR_Description_091506.pdf

"Based on a free-floating sensor design, PENTAX SR is superior to
other sensor-moving systems because it uses no guide rails, allowing
the sensor to oscillate in three directions—horizontally, vertically,
and diagonally."

So it's clear as mud.

--
Rob Studdert