On 15/12/06, Patrice LACOUTURE (GMail) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!

> BTW, in case A, there are two color conversions:
>     - Camera -> ProPhoto RGB (ACR does this one)
>     - ProPhotoRGB -> sRGB (before saving, in PS)
> In case B, there is just one in ACR for Camera -> sRGB
>
> (I assume here that the RAW camera data is in its own sensor-specific
> color space.)

Using ACR the camera is in effect colour space-less, the ACR default
settings assume a particular sensor gamut based on information
contained in the RAW file (whether colour descriptors are embedded in
the file or it uses a name lookup and cross reference I don't fully
appreciate). In any case it's definitely not a standard device ICC
profile as can be applied with other RAW conversion packages. I know
it doesn't fully understand the K10D DNG files as the as pre-set WBs
as rendered quite differently in ACR and PPL.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA