On 15/12/06, J. C. O'Connell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am sure its a great lens or people wouldnt be shelling
> out for it but I dont agree that any "FA" lens would
> fall into the "classic" category just yet. They are too
> new/young for that title at this point...

Check out any reputable dictionary, I think it fits the bill.

"classic." The American Heritage(r) Dictionary of the English
Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com
15 Dec. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/classic

clas·sic (klăs'ĭk) pronunciation
adj.

   1.
         1. Belonging to the highest rank or class.
         2. Serving as the established model or standard: a classic
example of colonial architecture.
         3. Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA