On 15/12/06, Peter Loveday <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, I wonder if that is it... basically decides its too damn bumpy.
> Still, I really would expect it to go to the centre, even if it made such an
> choice.  Or perhaps if it hits the stop, it stays there to protect itself?
> I dunno, its odd.  I'm still not sure if I should be returning it or if this
> is 'normal'.

I'll have a play with mine later but I'm really not fussed about have
the sensor exposed to the elements if it's not really necessary so
there won't be any videos. Return to the centre makes sense unless
it's done that way in an effort to effectively anchor the sensor in
order to prevent damage given that it pretty much knows that the image
is cactus and the camera may be in for a bumpy ride?

> FL was set to 200mm.

What about trying a smaller FL?

--
Rob Studdert