Yeah it was condescending.  True enough. I apologize. :-)

Nothing wrong with well executed snapshots either.

My point is probably multi-fold.

Most people probably will not notice or look for the difference between 4x6
size snapshots of any DSLR.  However, they may read a review, and when they
read that the out-of-camera .jpg is lacking in sharpness and/or dynamic
range (regardless of whether they understand the terms) from Pentax, they
may look elsewhere.

If I and others know this, why doesn't Pentax?

Tom C.