From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Savage
Sent: 15. desember 2006 01:02
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: RAW converter follies with the Pentax K10D

At 12:31 AM 15/12/2006, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>On Dec 14, 2006, at 5:50 AM, David Savage wrote:
>
> > I hope the final version performs better than the beta because
> > Lightroom is
> > a resource hog.
> >
> > I am not impressed at all.
> >
> > My 3GHz dual core, 1GB RAM & 2x 300GB SATA hard drives on a RAID 0
> > array PC
> > has a conniption fit just viewing the Library.
>
>The Windows builds are younger than the Mac OS X build. Early Mac OS
>X builds were similarly challenged ... it is beta software, after all.
>
>Have you tried beta 4.1?

I upgraded it last night.

After updating the Library the hard drives just kept crunching away. I
don't know what they were doing but my machine was next to useless for the
5 minutes it took me to shut Lightroom down.

I even un-installed & re-installed the software. Still no improvement.

When software becomes this much of a hassell I give up on it. PS CS2,
Bridge & ACR  work fine for me so I'll stick with it.

Although to be fair it could be an incompatibility issue with Windows XP x64

Cheers,

Dave